(Tap footnote number to read it; tap up arrow (↑) to scroll back up to verse. Old Testament quotations/allusions are underlined.)
- Therefore brothers, because of the compassions of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice; holy and pleasing to God as your reasonable service in response.
- And don’t be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for you to prove by testing what is the good, and pleasing, and perfect will of God.
- For through the grace which was given to me, I tell all the men among you not to be overly proud beyond what’s proper to think, but to think so as to be sober-minded; to each as God distributed a measure of faith.
- For Just as we have many parts in one body, but all the parts don’t have the same function,
- in this way, we the many parts are one body in The Anointed, and individually parts of one another,
- but having different gifts of grace according to the grace which was given to us. If prophecy, in proportion to the faith;
- if service, in serving; or the man who teaches in teaching;
- or the man who exhorts in exhortation; the man who gives in generosity; the man who leads with diligent zeal; the man who shows mercy with cheerfulness.
- Let love be without hypocrisy; abhorring evil, adhering to good.
- Be tenderly devoted to one another in brotherly love, preferring one another in honor,
- not slothful in diligent zeal, being fervent in spirit, serving the Lord,
- rejoicing in hope, enduring tribulation, constantly persevering in prayer,
- contributing to the needs of the saints, and pursuing hospitality.
- Bless the men who persecute you; bless and don’t curse.
- You are to rejoice with those who are rejoicing, to weep with those who are weeping;
- being of the same mind toward one another, not minding haughty things, but associating with humble men. Don’t become wise in your own estimation.
- Repaying evil for evil to no one, but respecting good in the sight of all men.
- If possible, as much as it depends on you, be living in peace with all men;
- not avenging yourselves beloved, but give a place for God’s wrath. For it was – and is – written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay.”(1)quotation/allusion to Proverbs 24:29 says the Lord.
- But “If your enemy hungers, feed him. If he thirsts, give him a drink. For in doing this, you will heap fiery coals on his head.”(2)quotation/allusion to Proverbs 25:21-22
- Don’t be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.
Next: Romans chapter 13
Previous: Romans chapter 11
Up: BOS Bible Menu
Note: If you think a word, phrase, or passage could be better translated - or is wrong - then Please Say Something. This is an open source Bible that's accountable to all Christians. See this link for details.
Legal Use: Please feel free to quote the BOS Bible, but follow the guidelines on the Legal Use page when doing so. They are easy and mostly common sense.