The BOS Bible translation is owned by the primary translator and bosbible.com (“we”/”us”/”our”); all rights reserved.
It’s our intention to provide the BOS Bible free to use for anyone who wishes to. It is also currently our intention to (eventually) make a printed version that is sold at cost, not at a profit. We are looking to help the world gain access to the Bible, not to make a profit.
You (the reader) may quote the BOS Bible’s text for any legal purpose online or offline without written permission from bosbible.com, provided:
- The use of the BOS Bible should be incidental to the use, not primary or central to it. (Basically, you using the BOS Bible as a Bible translation for teaching, commentary, etc., not providing an alternate way to access the BOS Bible.)
- We will allow copying of the BOS Bible text in it’s entirety for websites that serve as Bible translation aggregators (holding many translations in one place to give people a convenient way to access/compare multiple translations); however, any such copying requires written permission from us. We will be happy to approve these on a case-by-case basis – at our sole discretion – and would prefer (but don’t guarantee) that we will gladly approve all who ask. 🙂
- You may not present the BOS Bible text as your own work.
It is requested but not required that you include a link back to BOSBible.com if you quote it online; or if you quote it offline, that you say something like “BOS Bible text courtesy of bosbible.com” somewhere in the material.
Quotations for legal, commercial uses without written permission from us are permissible, provided:
- All the provisions for non-commercial use shall apply, but should be considered a minimum requirement.
- All online commercial material must include a link back to BOS Bible.com, and we suggest but do not require the “Read Online” page, or the page containing the verse(s) quoted.
- All offline printed material must include the following text: “BOS Bible text courtesy of bosbible.com” on every page the BOS Bible is quoted. However, the text may be smaller than the rest of the text in order to not distract from the main point, provided it is still readable to the unaided eye. Using footnotes to fulfill this requirement is suggested, but not required.
- Any such quotation is not – nor is intended to be – a printing of the BOS Bible to use as a printed Bible. This right is reserved for us alone. This shall not be construed to prevent people from using the BOS Bible as a translation base for a full Biblical commentary.
- The commercial use allowance is intended for quotations in such contexts as: Biblical/church training manuals, reference materials, paid events or conferences, books (including ebooks) on Biblical topics, Biblical commentaries, etc. It is not intended to allow others to profit off of the BOS Bible.
We – bosbible.com – reserve the right to change or add to these terms at any time without warning or notice; however, their spirit will remain the same and we won’t ever require onerous regulations to quote the BOS Bible.