(Tap footnote number to read it; tap up arrow (↑) to scroll back up to verse. Old Testament quotations/allusions are underlined.)
Walking in Truth
- The elder, to the elect lady and her children who I love in truth. And not only I, but also all the men who did – and do – know the truth,
- because of the truth which remains in us, and it will be with us through the age.
- Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us from God the Father and from Jesus the Anointed, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
- I rejoiced greatly that I did – and do – find some of your children walking in truth, just as we received a commandment from the Father.
- And now I ask you lady – not as writing a new commandment to you, but what we have from the beginning – that we might love one another.
- And this is love: that we walk according to His commandments. And this is the commandment, just as you heard from the beginning so you might walk in it,
- because many deceivers went out into the world; the men who don’t confess Jesus the Anointed coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the anti-anointed.
- Watch yourselves, so you might not lose what we worked for, but might receive back a full wage.
- Every man who goes too far and doesn’t remain in the teaching of the Anointed doesn’t have God. But the man who remains in the teaching; this man has both the Father and the Son.
- If anyone comes to you and doesn’t bear this teaching, don’t receive him into the house, and don’t say to him “Greetings!”
- for the man who says to him “Greetings!” participates in his evil works.
- Having many thing to write to you, I resolved not to do so with paper and ink. But I expect to come to you and to speak mouth to mouth so our joy might be full.
- The children of your elect sister greet you. [Amen]
Next: The Book of 3 John
Previous: 1 John chapter 5
Up: BOS Bible Index
Note: If you think a word, phrase, or passage could be better translated - or is wrong - then Please Say Something. This is an open source Bible that's accountable to all Christians. See this link for details.
Legal Use: Please feel free to quote the BOS Bible, but follow the guidelines on the Legal Use page when doing so. They are easy and mostly common sense.